The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. Administered by Austrade, the scheme supports a wide range of industries, products, and services including manufacturing, ICT, tourism and the export of IP and know-how outside of Australia.
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme:
- encourages small and medium-sized Australian businesses to develop export markets
- reimburses up to 50% of eligible export promotion expenses above $5,000 provided that the total expenses are at least $15,000 and you spend the money first and then you claim a grant from Austrade in the next financial year
- provides up to eight (8) grants to each eligible applicant up to a maximum grant of $150,000.
You may apply for EMDG provided you are an Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust carrying on business in Australia with total turnover of A$50m or less and meet the other eligibility criteria.
Under the EMDG scheme you can claim for expenditure on specific export promotional activities undertaken including: overseas representatives, marketing consultants, overseas marketing visits, free samples, IP registration and related insurance, trade fairs, seminars, in-store promotions, promotional literature and advertising, and overseas buyers’ visits to Australia.
Our EMDG Expertise
Greenwich & Co are experienced in preparing and maximising Export Market Development Grant applications and we understand the intricacies of the EMDG scheme. Whether you already know you are eligible or need our experts to let you know whether you are, we are well positioned to assist you.
Our Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) services include:
- EMDG Eligibility Assessments
- Claim Preparation and Submission
- Record Keeping
- AUSTRADE Risk Reviews and Audit Management.
Speak with us today about how we can assist you in assessing your business’s eligibility or in managing any stage of the submission or compliance process.