If your audit is a statutory requirement, you may well view it as a necessary evil that adds no value to your business. At Elderton Group we take a different view; whilst we tick all of the regulatory boxes, our approach is to make the audit process a positive one for your business.
We believe the ingredients of such a service will involve having an interest in your business and its success, and this will be achieved by gaining a thorough understanding of your business, collecting input from partners and senior staff, a ‘team’ approach to the work and ensuring continuity of staffing and, above all, provision of a value for money service.
We can identify potential risks, help improve business performance and recommend opportunities for growth. As part of our audit solution, we will:
- Plan work based on our discussions with you, our knowledge of the business, its activities and environment, and our sector experience.
- Agree on the audit plan to meet your requirements, and set the timescale and key dates.
- Conduct an independent review of your business and advise you on systems and controls.
- Ensure that your financial statements are compliant and well-presented and create a positive impact.
- Utilise the latest technology in auditing and accounts preparation software.
- Provide you with a comprehensive management letter that summarises the audit findings.
- Meet with you to discuss the audit and highlight the risks and opportunities that our process has identified.
Our approach is supportive and proactive – we want to help you through the process!
How can we help today?
Businesses require a great deal more from their auditors than just the statutory audit. An Audit provides the opportunity to add value. We believe the ingredients of such a service will involve having an interest in your business and its success. This will be achieved by gaining a thorough understanding of your business and collecting input from partners and senior staff. This collaborative team approach to the work ensures continuity of staffing and, above all, provision of a value for money service.
We ensure consistency of staff wherever possible, as this strengthens the rapport between the company’s in-house finance team, whilst still ensuring that the professional barrier between the company and the auditor is maintained.
We will work with you to ensure a smooth delivery of our audit and be proactive in our information and advice. We can identify potential risks, help improve business performance and recommend opportunities for growth.
Many organisations are obliged to obtain independent verification of financials and other information reported to regulators or voluntarily seek independent verification to avoid factual errors and the risk of non-compliance. Our experienced team in Perth can help you to manage the risks and consider the key opportunities.
Our compliance and regulatory audits cover the following:
- Trust audits for solicitors and real estate agents.
- Compliance plans.
- ASIC Financial Service Licences.
- APRA Prudential Requirements.
Our team has the experience and knowledge of not only the regulatory compliance requirements of both financial and non-financial reporting but is also able to make recommendations to ensure strong corporate governance is maintained at all times. We ensure compliance is achieved and is consistent with the entities commercial objectives.
Audits are part of the compliance process of the Australian Government. We understand this process and will help you navigate the complexities of bureaucracy and terminology during this process in the event that your company is audited by AusIndustry and/or the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
We are able to manage AusIndustry compliance continuum reviews and to assist our clients in defending audits covering issues such as ‘on own behalf’, ‘guaranteed return to investors’ and ‘R&D tax incentive eligibility’ for our clients.
We assist our clients with:
- AusIndustry Compliance Continuum Reviews
- Registration Profile Review
- Registration Desk Assessment
- Compliance Activity Review
- Finding about Registration (s27J) or Statutory Assessment (s39L)
- R&D Tax Incentive Internal Reviews (s39S and s30D)
- R&D Tax Incentive External Reviews (s39T and s30E)
ATO Risk Reviews and Audits
At Elderton R&D we can advise and assist your business in the event of a number of different reviews and audits your business may be subject to, including:
- Client Risk and R&D Offset Point-of-Lodgement Reviews
- Specific Risk and R&D Risk Reviews
- Specific Audits
- Comprehensive Audits
Already claiming the R&D Tax Incentive? Would you pass an audit?
If your company claims the R&D Tax Offset, it is critically important that you have the information and documentation to substantiate your R&D Tax claim.
Contact us for more information so you can ensure that you are prepared in the event of an audit.
Making a noticeable improvement to our client’s business is central to our audit work and the results we deliver. Creating value that makes a real difference to our client’s business – year after year – is intrinsic to our audit approach.
That is why we provide audit services to a vast number of corporate groups, owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organisations and public sector organisations throughout Australia and internationally, in a wide range of specialist sectors, regardless of their size or status.
With extensive experience, a dedication to exceptional client service and value for money, you’ll receive meaningful insights into your business whilst ensuring that strict compliance requirements are met.
Our audit team can help you identify underlying issues through a number of non-statutory audits and other specific reviews. All our special purpose audits and reviews are performed and prepared by our experienced specialists based in Perth.
We can help you with the following types of non-statutory audits:
- Grant audits.
- Turnover audits.
- Completion audits.
- Outgoing audits under the Retail Shop Leases Act.
- Agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- Corporate governance reviews.